Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Raya Shopping


This is my first Raya shopping as a wife and a young mother. I got married last year and 'accidentally' (but Alhamdulillah) conceived and have a baby born in June this year ;)... However without my husband for this coming Raya because he's in military operation in Sabah, I have to do Raya shopping alone. I can't go for shopping together with my mum as were in previous years, because we have alternate shift to take care of baby Nuha at home. When my mum and sisters went out for shopping, I will take care of baby Nuha and vice versa. The shopping spirit has begun since early Ramadhan went I started to browse and shop online. But shopping online not giving me satisfaction like the true shopping when we can see, feel, try the things. Out of many shopping paradise in KL, i like Sogo because it is the place where I can get cheap yet quality things suitable with my financial status.

So, last Saturday i went to Sogo alone and to my surprise the complex was like a depot for refugees where thousands of people hurried for shopping. It was only 1030am when the parking already full and I had to park in KWSP's building which was half Km away! When arrived in Sogo building, suddenly just felt wanted to go back ASAP!..Wonder if I had developed Agoraphobia in a short time. I quickly grabbed anything in the list (my shopping list) that I saw and left Sogo. When i went out from the building, i just realized that i only got a pack of Mamy Poko diapers, three pairs of mitten and booties, three gowns size of 0-6 months, and....that's all..shoosh! None of it belong to me or anyone but baby Nuha's. I wanted to buy a new pair of shoes. The one that I have currently was bought one and half year ago. So, I turned back to see Bonia outlet which is situated just beside the main entrance, but its full of people too (mostly ladies and they even tried shoes on floor and some were squatting while trying 3-4 shoes with different colours)..how sad that I missed Bonia sales that only once in a year, but I just can't stand to stay long in that kind of situation and I don't know how ladies out there have extra energy when it comes to shopping. But mind you, Malaysia economy will just collapse without women! They do shopping not only during festives seasons, but its a monthly routine. Go back to my shopping hunt, for not going back with nothing new in hands to show to my mum, at last I went to Selayang Mall which only a stone throw away from my house to buy a pair of baju kurung and several scarfs. ;-)..bought nothing for my husband as he surely will celebrates Raya in his army uniform in island of no man and let him do his shopping when he came back end of September. He's sometimes choosy anyway.

On the other story, to my surprise, in the middle of crowd there were a lot of young parents brought their newborn babies too (some of them still smell like liqour) and I just prayed that those babies will stay well and healthy at least until the Raya or otherwise they will celebrate Raya in Paediatrics ward if the babies caught infections during the shopping spree. Reflecting back to myself, I only bring out my 3 month old baby Nuha for her immunization visits...heh! Poor Nuha, well just pray that your mummy will pass the Exit Exam this coming October and we can go for your first outing when you reached 5 months and of course it will not be in Sogo but in healthier environment...

No comments:

Post a Comment